Off the beaten track yet just 10 miles from central Edinburgh, Stable Cottage is the perfect bolthole for couples looking for a romantic getaway. Set amidst the swathes of rich purple heather, wild flowers and Scots pines, it offers miles of walking from your doorstep. Spend evenings snuggled up by the fire sipping mugs of cocoa before sinking into bed for an early night listening to the cracking of the stove.
Booking & availability
Available : 16th - 22nd December 2018
- 5th January - 22nd March 2019
- 24th March - 7th April 2019
For availability from the 12th April 2019 please get in touch. Fully booked Christmas & New Year.Enquire Now
“Oh so cosy!”
A quaint cottage garden backing onto miles of rolling countryside provides the idyllic setting for this cosy self-catering cottage near Edinburgh. A studio apartment style with folding wall-bed allows for a first class night's sleep.
Wake to wild hares, birds and sheep meandering over the hills and drift off to sleep with the comforting hoot of the owls.
Bed & Bathroom
The ingenious and very comfortable oak double bed folds from the wall in the sitting room. A wood burning stove completes the romanic appeal and when you wake simply fold the bed away again. There's a bathroom with shower, the fluffiest of towels and complementary, locally made heather hand-wash and cream.
During the summer, the cottage’s private garden becomes a secluded place to relax and eat alfresco with seating and BBQ on the terrace. A 20 minute hike lets you enjoy a sundowner on the closest hilltop with views north to the Forth and snow-capped highland mountains on a clear day.
Explore the farm, our very own Highlands in miniature with waterfall, rocky outcrops and rugged heather hills. Sample the very best of Scottish cuisine, museums, galleries and shopping in historic Edinburgh, Scotland's Capital city.
We are situated off the beaten track, hidden in a quiet glen in the Pentlands. Access to the cottage is up a 1 mile farm track. The track can be a little rough in places but shouldn't cause any problems for ordinary cars.
There is parking for one car beside the cottage (sometimes two). Additional cars can be parked a short walk away. We live across the farmyard and are on hand if you need us, but otherwise we'll not disturb your stay.
There is a bus stop at the end of the farm track. However, because the cottage is 1 mile from the main road, we recommend the use of a car for the duration of your stay.
The cottage comes with all the home comforts you would expect including:
- Electricity & heating is included in the price. Electricity & heat are generated by our wind turbine & biomass boiler, so the cottage is environmentally sound.
- Wood-burning stove - logs provided free of charge from homegrown timber.
- Free WIFI internet access
- All bed linen, kitchen linen & fluffy towels provided
- Well equipped kitchen with dishwasher
- Utility with freezer, washing machine & tumble dryer
- TV (freesat) & Blu-ray player
- A tea tray with delicious scones, butter, jam, milk & tea
- A bouquet of fresh, seasonal, locally grown flowers
- Babies & children are very welcome. Cots and highchairs are available free of charge.
- 1 or 2 well-behaved dogs are welcome by prior arrangement with us. (£20 per dog)
Rough Weekly Price Guide
|Peak Season (Summer, Christmas & Hogmanay)||£ 510||LOW|
|High Season (Easter to Autumn break, excluding peak)||£ 460||GOOD|
|Low Season (Winter between Autumn break and Easter)||£ 380||GOOD|