Geschikt voor 2 personen
A modern interpretation of a barn conversion, this architectural gem fits beautifully into its 18th Century farm yard. The original sandstone exterior hides a bright and crisp interior with huge windows framing the heather hills and woodland garden.
Beautifully designed, the light & airy double-height space takes on a Scandinavian feel through its muted use of colour and simple materials. Light floods through the windows with plained ash window seat and generous sheepskins. An open-plan space is thoughtfully divided through level changes, perforated screens and bespoke furniture.
Start your day with a hike into the heather clad hills on your doorstep. Embrace slow living with the wood fired sauna hidden in the woodland garden - although shared each cottages gets their own private time slots. Explore Edinburgh or curl up by the wood burning stove with a good book. Eastside is your perfect hideaway surrounded by our 3,000-acre hill farm.
Kitchen and living room
The open plan the kitchen and living room are separated from the rest of the space by an ash screen. The living room is on the lower level, small but perfectly formed with wood burning stove and window seat with lots of lovely sheepskins. The kitchen is on a slightly higher level, up a folded steel staircase, A super cool black bespoke kitchen/ tv unit book case divides the space in two.
Bedroom and bathroom
Behind the ash screen is a little bed nook with the comfiest of double beds. Sink into crisp white linen, woollen blankets and the softest pillows. Fall asleep in perfect comfort listening to the crackle of the stove and the wind in the trees.
The bathroom has white marble tiles and rain shower. The polished concrete floor has underfloor heating throughout.
From the bedroom a ladder leads upstairs to a hidden mezzanine. Perfect for star gazing or whiling away the day with one or two books from our curated collections.
The cottage comes with all the home comforts you would expect including:
- Electricity & heating is included in the price. Heating and hot water are generated by biomass boiler, burning wood harvested on the farm.
- Wood-burning stove - logs provided free of charge from homegrown timber.
- Free WIFI internet access
- All bed linen, kitchen linen & fluffy towels provided
- Well equipped kitchen with oven, hob, dishwasher, & fridge (with icebox)
- TV (freesat) & Blu-ray player
- Soundbar with bluetooth
- A tea tray with delicious scones, butter, jam, milk & tea
- A bouquet of locally grown flowers (when in season)
- Unfortunately not suitable for babies & children
- Unfortunately not suitable for dogs or pets