Sleeps 4 + 2
Nestled in the rugged Pentland Hills, the Byre self-catering cottage offers unique family accommodation. Although only a short drive from central Edinburgh, with our scenery you could easily imagine you're in the Scottish Highlands. The surrounding hills offer walking opportunities aplenty. The romantics among you will covet the views, the waterfall, and the beautiful picnic spots nearby.
Booking & Availability
Available : 19th - 24th November 2018
- 26th - 29th November 2018
- 14th - 22nd December 2018
For availability from the 5th January 2019 please get in touch, Christmas & New Year fully booked.Enquire Now
“A little bit of heaven, hidden away from the city. Frosty nights, and mixed days but Christmas day was magical! Three inches of snow, bright sun, horses in the stable and fine accommodation. All who visited were enthralled.”
Set in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, this cosy self-catering home in the Pentland Hills is part of the beautifully converted Eastside farmstead.
Balmy summer days are best spent with a good book in the small but perfectly formed cottage garden. Explore Edinburgh's cobbled streets, castle and cafés before finishing the day snuggled up by the embers of the fire. Enjoy a family feast or party round the generous farmhouse table.
Bedrooms & Bathrooms
The lower ground floor is home to a double ensuite, twin room and bathroom complete with the comfiest of beds and the fluffiest of towels. The sofa-bed is in the corner of the large upstairs living room. It's as private as any bedroom once the door is shut - any morning hustle and bustle in the kitchen below shouldn’t disturb the snoozing occupants!
The Byre Cottage is nestled among acres of stunning countryside crisscrossed with walking trails from the cottage doorstep. In summer months you may find it difficult to leave the cottage garden - there's no better place to enjoy the afternoon sunshine with the birdsong & distant baaing of the sheep. Light the BBQ, take a picnic into the hills, hike to the local pub or just take a moment to watch the wildlife and the world go by from the nearest hilltop.
We are situated off the beaten track, hidden in a quiet glen in the Pentlands. Access to the cottage is up a 1 mile farm track. The track can be a little rough in places but shouldn't cause any problems for ordinary cars.
There is parking for one car beside the cottage (sometimes two). Additional cars can be parked a short walk away. We live across the farmyard and are on hand if you need us, but otherwise we'll not disturb your stay.
There is a bus stop at the end of the farm track. However, because the cottage is 1 mile from the main road, we recommend the use of a car for the duration of your stay.
The cottage comes with all the home comforts you would expect including:
- Electricity & heating is included in the price. Electricity & heating are generated by our wind turbine so the cottage is environmentally sound.
- Wood-burning stove - logs provided free of charge from homegrown timber.
- Free WIFI internet access
- All bed linen, kitchen linen & fluffy towels provided
- Well equipped kitchen with dishwasher
- Utility with freezer, washing machine & tumble dryer
- TV (freesat) & Blu-ray player
- A tea tray with delicious scones, butter, jam, milk & tea
- A bouquet of fresh, seasonal, locally grown flowers
- Babies & children are very welcome. Cots and highchairs are available free of charge.
- 1 or 2 well-behaved dogs are welcome by prior arrangement with us. (£20 per dog)
Rough Weekly Price Guide
|Peak Season (Summer, Christmas & Hogmanay)||£ 1120||LOW|
|High Season (Easter to Autumn break, excluding peak)||£ 920||LOW|
|Low Season (Winter between Autumn break and Easter)||£ 720||GOOD|