The Steading Cottage is hidden in a peaceful glen of the Pentlands Hills. Surrounded by open countryside & spectacular views, the Steading is perfect for unwinding. Explore the stunning landscapes & nearby Edinburgh - or just curl up by a roaring fire.
Booking & Late Availability
Available : 14th January 2019 - 12th April 2019
- 10th - 17th May 2019
- 19th May - 5th July 2019
For availability from the 12th of July 2019 please get in touch. Fully booked Christmas & New Year.Enquire Now
"Simply Fantastic! Just as we hoped but never dared to think that holidays can be.”
Originally an 18th Century hay-shed, The Steading has been lovingly converted to a high, modern standard. With heaps of rural character & charm, the cottage is furnished in a farmhouse style. The duck-egg-blue kitchen, feature spiral staircase & wood-burning stove leave a lasting impression.
Wake to the sound of lambs & birds outside your window and start the day with fresh air and a long country walk from your doorstep. Perhaps, take a trip into Edinburgh to sample the best of Scottish cuisine and explore the historic cobbled streets. Or, light the BBQ in your own private cottage garden and watch the sun set behind the hills.
The Bedrooms & Bathrooms
A spiral staircase entices you upstairs to bed where warm duvets & comfortable beds await. Two bedrooms, a double & a twin room, make the cottage just right for up to 4 people. There is a bathroom upstairs and a shower-room downstairs.
The cottage sits within the 18th Century farmstead of Eastside Farm and overlooks the farmyard. The farm itself is an unspoilt working sheep farm in the Pentland Hills Regional Park. The Farm & Park cover large areas of beautiful & rugged hilly countryside to the south of Edinburgh. The cottage nestles right in the heart of the hills within a valley that abounds with walking routes & wildlife. Peregrines & Ravens nest nearby and are often spotted on the hiking route to the local pub.
We are situated off the beaten track, hidden in a quiet glen in the Pentlands. Access to the cottage is up a 1 mile farm track. The track can be a little rough in places but shouldn't cause any problems for ordinary cars.
There is parking for one car beside the cottage (sometimes two). Additional cars can be parked a short walk away. We live across the farmyard and are on hand if you need us, but otherwise we'll not disturb your stay.
There is a bus stop at the end of the farm track. However, because the cottage is 1 mile from the main road, we recommend the use of a car for the duration of your stay.
The cottage comes with all the home comforts you would expect including:
- Electricity & heating is included in the price. Electricity & heat are generated by our wind turbine & biomass boiler, so the cottage is environmentally sound.
- Wood-burning stove - logs provided free of charge from homegrown timber.
- Free WIFI internet access
- All bed linen, kitchen linen & fluffy towels provided
- Well equipped kitchen with dishwasher
- Utility with freezer, washing machine & tumble dryer
- TV (freesat) & Blu-ray player
- A tea tray with delicious scones, butter, jam, milk & tea
- A bouquet of fresh, seasonal, locally grown flowers
- Babies & children are very welcome. Cots and highchairs are available free of charge.
- 1 or 2 well-behaved dogs are welcome by prior arrangement with us. (£20 per dog)
Rough Weekly Price Guide
|Peak Season (Summer, Christmas & Hogmanay)||£ 910||LOW|
|High Season (Easter to Autumn break, excluding peak)||£ 770||GOOD|
|Low Season (Winter between Autumn break and Easter)||£ 640||GOOD|